Victoria MP Tim Smith to quit politics - Breaking News

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Saturday, November 6, 2021

Victoria MP Tim Smith to quit politics

Victorian Liberal MP Tim Smith will quit politics at the next state election – after crashing his car whilst under the influence of alcohol last week. Mr Smith – once touted as the next leader of the Victorian Liberal party – won't seek preselection for his seat of Kew at the next election. In a statement to one of the Nine papers, Mr Smith said "Last Saturday, I made a terrible error. It was my mistake and my mistake alone. I have been deeply touched by the encouragement I have received from Liberal Party supporters and members in Kew and around Australia over the past week. This, however, does not excuse the terrible lapse of judgment that I made last weekend. "In view of the response by the Leader of the Opposition, I believe it is in the best interest of the party that I do not contest the next election in Kew." Victoria's Opposition Leader Matthew Guy last week said there would be no place for Mr Smith in any government he led.

from Breaking National News and Australian News | Daily Telegraph https://ift.tt/3wlnQv0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Pages